Will wanted his touring bike to fit 700c wheels.
There were other options; different brake combinations, etc. But, Will had made up his mind; we would move the mounts to fit a 700c.
First I got the bike and cleaned off most of the paint around the cantilever bosses with a flap disc, and sanded out the rest.
Then I used the torch to heat up the old filler metal (aka de-braze) and pulled the old canti's off with pliers.
Next, we filed/mitered down the new bosses to better fit his frame and forks.
I first set up a wooden jig, that i used to tack weld on Roody's bike before brazing. Since I don't have a welder in the shop yet, that didn't wotk (re: burning wood jig) so in a brainstorm I asked around at work the next day and Tom suggested using a rack mount to hold them in place.
The first couple of times I mounted them I used the filler metal that came with the mini shop Oxy-Mapp brazing kit I had just gotten. That stuff just peeled right off (I should have known better) so after asking around, I discovered Jesse found 54% silver filler wire at the Welna's Hardware store!
After re-cleaning and re-brazing with proper filler, They stuck like they should. Permanent-style.
And Will rode off into the sunset on the way to St. Louis, forever. Bye Will, hope you had a great trip!